How To Fix : Android Ringtones Are Listed Twice

Recently I Played With My Android Phone And Added Back Some OEM Ringtones Which Were Removed From The Custom Firmware I Use. After Doing Tha...

Recently I Played With My Android Phone And Added Back Some OEM Ringtones Which Were Removed From The Custom Firmware I Use. After Doing That, All My Ringtones Were Listed Twice In The Sound Profile. This Was Strange, Because I Had Not Added Duplicates Of Existing Files. Every File Had A Single Copy On My Android Phone. Thankfully, I Found Out The Solution And Would Like To Share It With You.

To Fix The Issue, You Need To Rebuild The Data Index Of The Media Storage Application Which Is A Part Of The Android OS And Comes With All Devices. To Rebuild That Index, You Need To Do The Following:

* Open The Settings Application.
* Go To Apps -> All And Locate The Media Storage There In The Long List Of Installed And System Apps.
* Now, Tap The Media Storage Item. The Details For The Application Will Appear On The Screen.
* Tap The "Clear Data" Button.
* Reboot Your Phone.

Enjoy The Proper List Of Installed Ringtones.


Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item