Treading lightly

Sinus infection has got me treading lightly. Still don't feel that good. Just seem to be cold all the time. Sinus pressure, congestion, ...

Sinus infection has got me treading lightly. Still don't feel that good. Just seem to be cold all the time. Sinus pressure, congestion, terrible taste in my mouth.

Got some Augmentin which is a 10day course of horse pills. Supposedly takes about 5 days for it to really kick in.

Basic colds are an entirely different animal. Once the fever/aches go away and as long as it hasn't moved into my chest I ride again, even hard. Exercise and even hard riding can be beneficial. It seems to take at least 7-10 days to cough up and blow out all the crap and riding helps loosen things up.

In fact I've had some of my best races on the tail ends of colds.

But an infection is different. Too much too soon and it's like digging your own grave. A conundrum for sure because the legs are ready to go, and the longer I sit out the harder it is to get back into it.

I'm just going to take it easy until I don't feel so cold, that's probably a sign that it's ok to go a little harder. Though I might keep up with a few 1x intervals to keep the legs from getting too stale. Tomorrow I'll try to spin around at lunch, but I'll be bundled up even in sunny/50s.




-----
Medicine notes to self:
pseudoephedrine based decongestants work better for me than phenylephrine based.
Ketek didn't seem to do anything in January

Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item