A Front Door Story.

Time to complete new projects at this time of year is certainly scarce. Even more so when I am teaching a new grade (I won't complain th...

Time to complete new projects at this time of year is certainly scarce. Even more so when I am teaching a new grade (I won't complain though because I am loving it!) and have lots of planning to do. I've also run into a few roadblocks which definitely slows things down! Today I'm going to tell you a little story about my front door.

A few weeks ago, I tweeted this photo.


My beloved green door had to go. I loved it, my readers loved it. But I was tired of it. I wanted something different. Especially since I'd been freshening up the porch (more to come on that another day). 

I had an idea what color I wanted but hesitated to buy yet another can of paint to put on the shelf with dozens of other half full cans. I went through those said cans and discovered that the paint I used for my peacock colored cabinet was interior/exterior. I loved it on the cabinet so why not on the door? So off I went with my paint brush...


I won't go so far to say that I hated it.. but I didn't like it at all. The problem was the lack of contrast between the door and the trim. It felt to dark and imposing. I left it for a while thinking it would grow on me and while I disliked it slightly less, I still wasn't sold on it.

I then decided to go with my original plan. A couple of years ago, I saved this photo of Caitlin Creer's adorable home. I loved the dark grey siding paired with the blue grey door. 


While my home is white, the trim is grey and I thought it could work. She listed the color as Benjamin Moore Cloudy Sky. Off I went to the paint store thinking this time, I've got it right!

Right?

Hmmm... not so much.


It really didn't turn out like I expected. It's less blue grey and more... garage floor grey? I was frustrated. Aren't I supposed to be good at this stuff? But truly, at this point I really didn't want to repaint it. So I decided that I would leave it for the winter and revisit in the Spring.

I needed a temporary solution. Dress it up with some Fall mums and pumpkins! I was feeling a little bit better about it after a trip to the garden center. Did I ever mention that I love Fall?




Ahhh.. much better! I can look beyond the door for a little while. Soon enough it will be covered in snow!

Except, then I noticed this. 


Seriously? You're killing me here! And there are more than one. Honestly, I just hope it doesn't get worse. 

Feel sorry for me yet? The joys of DIY:)

Have a great week everyone!



Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item