Paperwhite Progress.

Thanks for all your comments on my new chair ! It really fits in well with the room and I'm very happy with it. Today, I thought I'd...



Thanks for all your comments on my new chair! It really fits in well with the room and I'm very happy with it. Today, I thought I'd share the progress on my paperwhites. I few people had emailed me wondering how quickly they were growing and what I thought of their odor. So here they are!

It was my first time growing them and I was surprised just how easy they were. They seemed to sprout right away and within a couple of weeks I have long stalks 12 to 14 inches long with delicate little white flowers blooming.

The bad news? They really do smell horrendous. It's a little bit like a strong permanent marker. At first, I would notice the odor when I sat along side them, now I can smell them as soon as I come into the room. It's terrible enough, that I doubt I will plant them again next year. 

Strange how something so pretty, smells so terrible.. I started more a couple a weeks after these so that they would be blooming at Christmas time. They are starting to grow.. looks like the odor is going to be around a little bit longer!

Speaking of paperwhites, I have the paint color for my kitchen narrowed down to two colors from Benjamin Moore. I can't seem to decide because as the light changes through the day, I keep changing my mind. I'm after a barely there grey color.

Intense White:
Source: houzz.com via Amy on Pinterest

Paper White

They look a little purple on the screen. Wondering is any of you have used these colors in your home? Lately, I've been thinking I should just go white.. argh.. it's so hard to decide!

Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item