Fiddle Figs and Reno Woes.

Marion House Book  (I wish it were mine!) I bought myself a fiddle leaf fig bush over the weekend.  The beloved plant that's taken the d...

Marion House Book (I wish it were mine!)

I bought myself a fiddle leaf fig bush over the weekend.  The beloved plant that's taken the design world and Pinterest boards by storm, stealing our hearts with it's big floppy green leaves. I've been dying for the tree version since I saw it over at Marion House Book.



I can't seem to find the tree around here. Prestige Floral, a local florist got some of the bush variety in stock so I snatched one up. Let's see how long I can keep it alive.. I always have the best of intentions. I found a guide online so I'll do my best to do what I'm told.



In other news, I've mentioned it here before but 2013 called for a long overdue bathroom renovation. Like really long overdue. Is there such thing as further than the back burner? We finally had our plumber in today for an estimate.

Insert reality check here.

I spent the rest of the evening feeling a bit dejected. Not about the cost (bathroom renovations are expensive and we knew that) but more so about the scope of the project and the reality that renovating a bathroom, when you only have the one, is extremely challenging, and disruptive over an extended period of time.

This led to an entirely different discussion:

What we want out of this home?
How long do we plan to stay?
Are there other options?
Should we add another washroom? 
Maybe we should move! Nah:)

I wish I could tell you more but I don't know just where we go from here, just yet. All I know is that I want a new washroom! Like yesterday.

Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item