Hazel – Performing Tasks On Your Mac So You Don’t Have To

 A classic third-party application called  Hazel  is one of my personal automation  assistant s  that works in the background, requiring no ...


tasks on mac
 A classic third-party application called Hazel is one of my personal automation  assistants that works in the background, requiring no keyboard shortcuts and mouse clicks on my part.

Hazel is an automation program that essentially goes into action when files are added or changes are made to designated folders. Automator includes similar functionality, but Hazel is much easier to use and faster on the draw. I have Hazel rules that automatically open new applications added to my Applications folder, change the file size of screenshots, automatically clear off files on my desktop after a certain period of time, and move PDF files in my Downloads folder to a designated folder in my Dropbox account (more about Dropbox here.)
Hazel costs $25, but you can download it for a free 14-day trial to discover just how useful it can be.
Read more »

Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item