Thoroughly Modern Millie + House of Elliot

Last night my husband and I went to a musical production of Thoroughly Modern Millie . We bought tickets to various performing art events at...



Last night my husband and I went to a musical production of Thoroughly Modern Millie. We bought tickets to various performing art events at a nearby universities that has helped us go on more pre-planned dates and expand our cultural horizons. If you haven't watched the cult classic Thoroughly Modern Millie staring Julie Andrews, Mary Tyler Moore, and Carol Channing I would recommend it, and although I am not always the biggest fan of people randomly jumping up while dancing and singing about, this one is a riot. I first saw it a few years ago when my cute cousin Andrea introduced me to it, and in some ways -- I really like the flapper era, I think mainly because of the outfits.

house of elliot

On the same note, we watched this BBC series called The House of Eliott months ago and it also gives an interesting flavor of the roaring 1920s. This series is about two sisters who set up their own couture fashion house in London and it showcases their plights in the fashion industry, the designing process and their own personal back stories and realizations along the way. The costumes and setting are quite beautiful. But, FYI... I am also one that can be often found watching those BBC productions. Pia Jane Bijkerk has a nice post about this with some screen shots.

What are you favorite 1920/1930's era movies?

Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item