In Love...

With this kitchen, seen on the June cover of Dwell magazine. I love the contrast of the traditional white cabinets, apron sink, arched doorw...

With this kitchen, seen on the June cover of Dwell magazine.


I love the contrast of the traditional white cabinets, apron sink, arched doorway and windows against the sleek clean feel of the kitchen island and the fun modern bar stools. I suppose I could take or leave the lighting, a bit too modern for my tastes, but the pop of orange is fun and unexpected.

We are on the hunt for an island for the kitchen. When my brother built my kitchen cabinets, the plan was to go back later on and add a matching island. It was a plan that I knew would never happen, my brother is a busy guy and I count myself lucky (and thankful!) that I got what I did! 



That being said, the lack of storage and counter space is becoming an issue and it's time to get a proper island in there. That small sideboard isn't cutting it anymore.

The plan is not to match the kitchen cabinets at all. We thought about going wood but ultimately stainless is in the lead. I love the industrial look. The first photo I shared totally sold me!

I love this Ikea UTBY island, seen in this simple modern kitchen designed my Cameron MacNeil. Unfortunately, it is no longer available. It would have been perfect!


If you know of any sources or having any suggestions, I'd love to hear them! We love stainless but have also considered industrial workstations. After looking at all these photos, I desperately want to paint my kitchen white. That's a subject for another day:)

Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item