Fall Decor ~ Chinese Lanterns.

I've started a little bit of Fall decor around the house. I always start with some colorful mums and some pumpkins out at the front door...

I've started a little bit of Fall decor around the house. I always start with some colorful mums and some pumpkins out at the front door and then move to the inside.


When decorating for Fall, I like to keep it simple, using natural, neutral elements. Real pumpkins, gourds, branches, acorns, pinecones and berries. I believe it's more about the way the season makes you feel than the fake leaf garlands and jack-o-lanterns you can pop into your cart and string around your home.

It's time to pull out the cozy blankets and quilts, bake pumpkin muffins and let the sound of classical music flow through the house. Textures and muted colors take center stage. It all just makes you want to snuggle up on the couch with a good book and a cup of tea, latte or hot chocolate, whatever your fancy. 

Yes. That's what I love about Fall. The way it makes me feel.

Know what else I love about Fall? Chinese Lanterns. The ones that I'm lucky to have grow in abundance in my backyard. I picked a big bundle today and make an arrangement in the dining room.


Talk about adding a punch of color. 


Little balls of orange goodness. I seriously love them. (And my 50 mm lens.. can you tell?)


I'm also smitten with white pumpkins. Especially the little ones. I have them scattered around the house. I can't resist them.


One last photo, I swear.


Can't you tell I love Fall? What have you been doing to decorate? Do you use natural elements as well?

Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item