An Updated Living Room.

Last week I shared an updated look at my dining room and how it's changed over the last few years. Today I'm continuing this li...



Last week I shared an updated look at my dining room and how it's changed over the last few years. Today I'm continuing this little series by sharing a new look at the living room with photos taken by Rachel Peters Photography.

First, let's have a look back!

Before: 



I remember stripping this wallpaper so clearly. It seemed to be endless. 

Finally painted. A fresh canvas.


The first look that I created for the room. While pretty, I wanted more personality. It changed little by over time with a few new pieces of furniture but mostly with simple decorating choices.


After:


My favorite part is the built in cabinet beside the fireplace which houses the tv and most of my favorite books and accessories. Steph built it into the empty alcove that was once there. 


Painting the fireplace white was a big job but I've never regretted it. 


I have a gallery wall over the sofa with a mixture of photographs, collected and DIY art and etsy prints. The rug was bought from Rugs USA during one of their big sales.



I'd love to replace the chairs that sit in front of the window. They are really showing their wear but are so stinkin' comfortable. Having them reupholstered is hardly worth it when I could likely have new chairs for less. The little Eames rocker is from Wire Furnishings.


Rachel also took a few photos of me at home in my living room. It was time for a new profile photo! Here is one of them.


Hope you enjoyed the look back. It's fun to see how tastes change over time!

Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item