DIY Snow Globes and Christmas Tree Cars.

Last week I was decorating my mantel for the holidays and came across some vintage mason jars in the basement. I knew I wanted to include th...



Last week I was decorating my mantel for the holidays and came across some vintage mason jars in the basement. I knew I wanted to include them in my decor so got out some supplies and created my own little "snow globes".


I'm obsessed with bottle brush trees. I had a whole bag of green ones that I picked up at Canadian Tire last year (I've also seen them at Michael's for an outrageous amount of money. Even with a 40% off coupon, it's robbery). I also had a couple of little white ones from Walmart. It was like a forest in my dining room and I couldn't resist taking a few photos.


I just used a little tape to stick the trees to the lids. You could use hot glue but I wanted to be able to reuse the jars. Then, I added some "snow" to the jars, screwed on the lids and flipped them over. Voila! Winter wonderland!

I had a few short mason jars and decided to have a little fun with some toy cars. Please ignore the fact that this one is a convertible.. in the winter.  How cute is the minty green!




Taking the tree home from the lot! Aren't they sweet. I had planned to do this as a Christmas craft with my class but not all the cars with fit in the jars properly. I'll have to get my thinking cap on for something else!


I think it's pretty sweet just on its own too. I might have to make some more. You should make some too. So easy!

Linking up to Hi Sugarplum! Link Party

Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item