Vintage Christmas Mantel.

I managed to clean up all the demolition dust and pull together a Christmas mantel today! Once I finished dusting the living room, I got mot...


I managed to clean up all the demolition dust and pull together a Christmas mantel today! Once I finished dusting the living room, I got motivated to get out some Christmas decorations and figured the mantel was the best place to start.

I've been craving a more traditional look this year with a bit more color. I've become obsessed with plaid! However... I have a lot of decorations. Too many really. Over the years, when everyone else was packing up their decorations, I was at the store buying out all the ones on super sale. I have some great stuff now so buying anything new really is unnecessary. I made myself a promise that I wouldn't buy any new ones this year. No exceptions.

So used what I had and went for a vintage look. Or as Steph would call it, a "not so Modern Jane" mantel. I used a mixture of bottle brush trees in varying heights, vintage mason jars, "snow", mercury glass ornaments and metal reindeer.


I discovered that Steph had been keeping nails and screws in these vintage mason jars on his work bench. Score! I quickly swapped them with some new mason jars. They could be put to much better use!



I've had these little mercury glass ornaments for a long time. This year I strung them on some twine and swooped them across the fireplace.


Bottle brush trees are my favorite. I have them in white, silver and I had a huge bag of green ones in varying size. Some of those made an appearance here and some were used in a simple diy project that I'll share next week.



So that's it! I did a little more decorating around the house that I'll try to capture and share with you soon. Really hoping to get our tree up this weekend!

*Linking up to Ten June and Our Fifth House *

Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item