The Power of Teak.

Over the weekend, I used linseed oil to give our patio set a perk up. I am now a firm believer in the power of teak. Stephane bought this se...

Over the weekend, I used linseed oil to give our patio set a perk up. I am now a firm believer in the power of teak. Stephane bought this set in 1996! That's 16 years ago and it turned out amazing. We have left it outside, even over the winter and neglected it the last few years but a quick coat of linseed and it's good as new.

Here it is before. It's grey and weathered. I actually didn't mind the aged patina but it really needed some tlc.


Here is the set now. If I had know it would turn out so well, I wouldn't have waited so long to get it done! I still need to give the chairs a second coat but they are fine for now!



While we're at it, I thought I'd share more photos of how the deck is coming along. The upper deck is still in progress so I'll share those another day. But for now, here is the lower/main portion.


Of course, Beaufort had to make an appearance. This is his happy place!


I'm very anxious for the plants and shrubs to grow. When I look back at photos from when we planted them, they certainly have but I want it to feel lush... next year or even the year after, I suppose. Patience!


We still want to plant a few trees as well. I'm thinking a dwarf Japanese Maple and some weeping pea shrubs. It will feel a bit more private and add to that lush feeling that I'm after. Again, patience, Jane.


The catwalk is my favorite part. The only thing I requested, when we started planning, were long steps that could be used for seating and laying in the sun. I'm not a fan of narrow steep steps. He came through on that request.. that's a long step! I love it.


We plan to work on the upper deck a little more this week so I'll be back to share it soon. 

Hope the sun is shining where you are!

Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item