DIY Trellis Wall

I am super excited about the project I'm sharing with you today! My friend Shellilee is the DIY queen. She always has a project on the g...

I am super excited about the project I'm sharing with you today! My friend Shellilee is the DIY queen. She always has a project on the go and doesn't seem to ever sit still. A bit of an energizer bunny! She shares my love of white and isn't afraid to paint anything. Seriously. She'll paint anything! I'm pretty sure spray paint is her best friend!:)

A while ago, she was lamenting about her staircase. It had ugly pink carpet and there was a huge empty wall in her staircase that was keeping her up at night. Should she do a large gallery wall? Wallpaper it? Stencil it? In the end, she decided to do a large trellis pattern using painter's tape. She send me some before and after pictures and I just had to share. Check out the pink walls and carpet!

Before:

The carpet was removed (apparently a huge job which included lots of staple and glue removal. Not fun).
The railing and the stairs got a coat of paint. So much better:)


But the large wall was still weighing on her mind. So she coaxed her husband into helping her tape out a trellis pattern on the wall. I can't imagine that this was an easy task!



Then, a coat of grey paint and off came the tape!


Isn't it awesome?




Lots of work but miles away from where it began. I'm telling you, this girl has vision!
Love it Shellilee!

Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item