Project Progress.

It was a beautiful day for a coffee and a walk with a good friend, her little one and Beaufort. However, I still found time though to get a ...

It was a beautiful day for a coffee and a walk with a good friend, her little one and Beaufort. However, I still found time though to get a few things done around the house. I was once told that creative people can't do one thing at a time but rather many projects at once. If that is true, then I must be creative! I felt like my mind and my hands were in a million different directions all day!

It started with removing the wallpaper in the dining room. I actually felt really sad doing it. My sweet aunt Marilyn put it up for me when I moved into my home. I loved it at the time but now feel that it simply doesn't suit my style anymore. I didn't feel so bad when I realized it has been up for nearly 4 years! I can hardly believe it's been so long! Marilyn is a perfectionist and as I remove it, I notice how perfect the seams were. If you are reading this, Marilyn, I still appreciate it so much!

Progress shots, courtesy of Instagram



I would be lying if I said I finished it but at least it's started! Next up was preparing the bedroom for paint. Filling holes, adding some silicone to the gaps in the moldings and vacuuming. Fun... Here is the room before paint. The walls are painted Ivory Silk and while pretty, not what I'm going for. 


Steph got to work as soon as he got home from. He's a good painter (I mean that sincerely) and insisted that I watch and learn how to paint properly. I listened carefully, I swear, then managed to sneak away to make a quick dinner and write this post. He's in his own little world up there listening to my iPod and painting away:)

Here is how it looked the last time I checked! Terrible photo, I know, but I think I'm going to love it. The color is called Cashmere by Para Paints.


There is a dresser in the room that will be staying but desperately needs a coat of paint. I'm unsure if I'm going to play it safe and keep it white or if I should go bold with color. I'll wait and see how the rest of the room plays out and see.


Wow! Looking back on these photos makes me think that I need some color in my life! Ah well, it's coming.. patience! I can't wait to get my upholstered headboard in there and see it all come together.

Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item