Inspiration ~ White Staircase.

Once upon a time I wrote a post about my staircase. Where it began, how far it's come and what to do next. Then.. I did nothing. I'm...

Once upon a time I wrote a post about my staircase. Where it began, how far it's come and what to do next.
Then..
I did nothing. I'm the queen of talking big and not coming through. I get distracted and onto something else.

Anyway, let's have another look shall we? Here was the staircase when I moved into the house. Actually, it's a pretty good example of how the rest of the house looked in general.

Pretty isn't it?


Right away, I had the treads refinished when the floors were done. I also painted the risers white. Looking a lot better.


I also did a little diy project by adding some moldings to give the look of recessed panels.



Over the last couple of years, I tossed around the idea of painting all the balusters and leaving the handrail white. Then I counted them all. Frankly, the thought of taping off each one so that I could paint, make me tired.

The good news is that I've realized I really just want the whole thing white. Every time I see white painted staircase, I'm even more convinced. Case in point, the latest edition of Style At Home magazine. I came across this photo in a spread about a beautiful Toronto home.


I'm sold. It feels so bright! Just what the hallway needs. However, there is a lot of work to before I could paint. 
  • sand
  • tape the base of each baluster, at the tread. (I'm not a fab painter)
  • prime 
  • Paint!
Now to find the time and the inspiration. I think it will be awesome.. what do you think?

*Update on the kitchen cabinet... I got a bit too excited. We had some issues with the drawers and they are coming back tomorrow to fix them up. If all goes well, I'll get some good photos this weekend!

Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item