Finally feeling like a local

Posted by Tom Stocky, Product Marketing Manager I just moved to the Bay Area a few months ago, so when friends come from out of town, they&#...



I just moved to the Bay Area a few months ago, so when friends come from out of town, they're pretty underwhelmed with my abilities as a tour guide.

But not last weekend. My visitors wanted to have brunch somewhere with "a great view." So I plugged [brunch "great view"] into Google Local, and was pleasantly surprised with the results. Not only was brunch delicious, but we had that "great view" my friends were looking for. Best of all, now they actually think I know my way around the city. (At least until they see this.)

What's cool about Google Local is that you can go beyond standard categories like restaurant or hotel to search more specifically for things like [brick oven pizza] or [inexpensive hotel]. Very handy, especially if you're a budding tour guide like me.

Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item