Mmmm.... Sugar Pie.

Some people were asking yesterday for the recipe for sugar pie. I figured that with Thanskgiving still to arrive for my American friends, I&...

Some people were asking yesterday for the recipe for sugar pie. I figured that with Thanskgiving still to arrive for my American friends, I'd share. I was always a pumpkin pie fan girl but this pie rocks my socks!

Here it is, adapted from Recette du Quebec.

4 cups brown sugar
3 tbsp. flour
10 tbsp. butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten
2 cups (500ml) carnation evaporated milk
1 tsp. vanilla
2 pie shells

1. Combine brown sugar and flour. Add milk, butter, eggs and vanilla.
2. Pour into 2 uncooked pie crusts (we used Tenderflake but make your own if your so inclined:)
3. Bake in 350 degree oven for 30-35 mins. 

We put it in the fridge after it cooled a bit to ensure it was set. This recipe also halves very well.
So delicious and so easy! Just try it and let me know what you thought!

Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item