DIY: Gold Polka Dot Jewelry Dishes.

This weekend, I was inspired to do a simple diy project. It didn't take very long and the result is something sweet and useful for stori...


This weekend, I was inspired to do a simple diy project. It didn't take very long and the result is something sweet and useful for storing everyday jewelry in my bedroom.

Here is what you need to make one of your own:

  • A variety of white dishes (I got mine at the Dollarama)
  • Gold Sharpie Marker *note: the Sharpie oil based paint marker would work better but I couldn't find any in stores.
  • page reinforcements ($1.99 for a pack of 100 at Staples)


On the plate, I wanted uniform dots so I just eyeballed neat rows of the reinforcements. Gently press down on the center so that you don't get any bleeds. On the little dishes, I was a little more careless with the placement, as I wanted a more whimsical look.


Next, color in the circles with your gold Sharpie. Simple enough!




After the marker has dried, carefully remove the stickers from the dishes. I used a fine needles to lift them them, then peeled them away. I had a couple of small bleeds but was able to scratch them off with the end of the needle.

Easy peasy!


I definitely like the little ones best. They are so cute! I keep my rings in them but you could keep spare change, hair elastics/bobby pins, keys, chargers, office supplies.. I could go on and on! 



Think you might try some? Let me know how it goes!

Thank you SO much for your comments and enthusiasm about my new two tone kitchen update. I liked it before but I love it even more now that I have the approval of my readers. It really does matter to me. Each and every comment makes me smile!

Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item