Notes to self on training cycles

Yesterday the legs felt decent on the commute even though the previous two days they were achey from the race. Those two days were hard so I...

Yesterday the legs felt decent on the commute even though the previous two days they were achey from the race. Those two days were hard so I thought they'd still be achey but they felt snappy on the commute today.

I think I do well the week after a rest week. Last week was somewhat of a rest week that ended with a race on Sunday.

Last week
Mon-Off
Tues- Off
Wed-1hr with some hard efforts
Thurs-Easy mtb skills work
Fri-Off
Sat-1hr Zone 2 with 5x1min on 2 off
Sunday-Race
Mon- Off (though my legs felt decent)
Tues-Tough Butt Kicker workout 4sets 12min on alternating 2mins MSP with 4x:15 on :15 off leadout intervals. Only able to complete 3 sets
Wed-1hr hard MTB, legs ached didn't ride too well
Thurs- Commuting.


I think I need to adjust the cycles to put a race the week after a rest cycle and not at the tail end of a rest cycle.

Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item