Winter clothing reviews and thoughts

Reposting some reviews of winter stuff. Foxwear Evap winter Jacket Base Layer shootout *I've decided that s3 works best when used with a...

Reposting some reviews of winter stuff.

Foxwear Evap winter Jacket

Base Layer shootout
*I've decided that s3 works best when used with a jersey or light vest. When used with a windblock jacket it gets clammy. The Craft pro dri is my favorite all around base. It wicks away moisture, is warm, but doesn't have that clammy or chilly feel like other base layers

The winter gloves I've got suck. Goretex gloves, but the thumb is all leather. Bulky as all get out. My hands are cold, or sweat too much. Other options:

PI-Amfib Glove
Lake MX Zero
Craft Siberian

For anything over 40
Windproof shell layered with liner gloves works well

My wife just got some Pi Gavia gloves. They look like they'd be warm but she went running in some 25-30 degree weather and they didn't do jack.

Tights:

Perf Triflex look to be the best value for a cold weather tight

Layering leg warmers with a tight buys you at another 10 degrees of warmth


Feet
-Windproof booties

Layer with a light shoe cover


Put a chemical heat pack in between them.

wool socks

It doesn't really matter. My feet will be cold no matter what. The best I can do is just do everything I can to just make it bearable.

Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item