Planting Herbs

Dang... V and I must be getting our domestic on today, because along with cooking up a storm in the kitchen, we decided to plant our herbs o...

planting herbs

Dang... V and I must be getting our domestic on today, because along with cooking up a storm in the kitchen, we decided to plant our herbs on the deck. It is nice to break for a fun day of complete domesticity sometimes. She often will call them weeds but is now starting to learn their names with the accompanying signs. By the way, aren't those signs cool? I scoured all over the web looking for something like them last year, and came up with nothing. My lovely friend Stephanie surprised me with them for my birthday this year and yep, she picked them up in France -- so big bummer, but I don't have a source for you.

planting herbs

If you have never done herbs before, I would highly recommend it. They run about the same price to buy the starts as they do to buy fresh recipe ready ones in the grocery store and they usually yield much more. If you live in a small space you can plant them on your deck like us, or in a garden plot, and fresh herbs make a load of difference in a recipe. I am not the biggest green thumb (still learning) but for the last three years I haven't killed any of our herbs yet, they are super easy. Each year I pick a different variety, and this year I decided to focus practically upon the herbs that we really use most in the kitchen.

Do you grow herbs? What are your favorites to grow?

(photos by blackeiffel)

Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item