Quick Dresser Makeover.

I was desperate for more storage in my bedroom so I welcomed this old, well used dresser with open arms. It's seen better days but I act...

I was desperate for more storage in my bedroom so I welcomed this old, well used dresser with open arms. It's seen better days but I actually liked the cracks and dents in the wood. I've had old dressers before, with drawers that didn't shut properly - that drove me crazy! These drawers work perfectly.


I had paint out from doing some touch ups on the bookshelf so I figured why not give it a quick coat of paint? It literally took me 20 minutes to give it a quick coat then I went back and hour later and gave it another quick coat.


A few glass knobs and it feels fresh and new! Well not new maybe, but newer-ish. Gotta love upcycling!


Now I need a new mirror because the dresser was there before was much taller. If I lower this one, I won't be able to see myself in it! I love my little silver piggy bank from the Dollarama. I actually end up using it and it really does add up. Then, I can buy myself a little treat or Girl Guide cookies when they come knocking :)


I'll be back tomorrow with some progress shots of the bookcase. I was a bit over-ambitious about getting all the styling done. I had to prime and paint the new shelves and then realized I likely shouldn't put anything on them for a couple of days. Bummer. I was able to do a few shelves though. Here's a peek.


People laugh at the dog. I think he's cute. Plus, my Dad gave him to me :) 
I hope you all had a great weekend!

Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item