A Nursery for Baby M-S

My good friends Emily and Grant are expecting a little one in the summer. While shopping last weekend, Em and I found some pillows that insp...

My good friends Emily and Grant are expecting a little one in the summer. While shopping last weekend, Em and I found some pillows that inspired us to get thinking about the nursery. One was a great black and white striped, piped in a chartreuse green. The other is a smaller white pillow with the silhouette of a boston terrier. A little tribute to our little Beaufort - or Beaufie as Em calls him:)

They don't know the sex of the baby, but we thought black, white and green would be perfect for a little boys' room and you could always throw a little pink in the mix if need be!

Emily loves the simplicity of the SOMNAT crib from IKEA and luckily it comes in a great green color!

The wall color is already painted Para Paints Lunch at Tiffany's, which is a soft grey and will tie in perfectly with the color scheme.
Emily plans to use an antique pine dresser for storage and a change table. We'll find some fun fabric for the change pad.
So here is little look at what I came up with for the room.
  • A bit of black and white, with a touch of green and of course my beloved white. I think the white will soften the room at bit.
  • A great graphic polka dot rug, layered with a soft flokati rug - cozy!
  • An upholstered glider/rocker in a neutral tone. Comfortable for feeding and snuggling time, but not limited to the nursery as the baby grows up!
  • Graphic alphabet and number prints framed and matted in white.
  • Simple black wall shelves for storing toys, books and trinkets.
Baby M-S' nursery











What do you all think? I'll have to wait a bit for Emily and Grant's opinion, as they decided yesterday to take off to Miami for a few days. I'm so happy that they were able to get away - they deserve it! What I wouldn't do for an escape from the cold right now!

Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item