The Sweetest Chair

I'm so excited about this little project, that I had to share. I have mentioned before that my friends Em and Grant are expecting a bab...

I'm so excited about this little project, that I had to share. I have mentioned before that my friends Em and Grant are expecting a baby this summer. She and I spent some time tossing around ideas of how the baby's room should look. It's not actually a room but rather a nook off of their bedroom. - the "nursery nook". The perfect little spot and it is really coming together. They decided to stick with black, white and a little bit of green. It looks so cute!

Emily was on the hunt for an attractive, comfortable chair for the room. She wanted something upholstered and there was slim pickings around here. She considered custom ordering one but the fabric selections were limiting and the prices over $800.

I decided to take a peak at Kijiji for her. After a quick search I found a really ugly, dusty rose upholstered rocking chair. Ugly, yet it seemed to be in good condition and had simple clean lines. I knew if it had lived its life in a non-smoking home, she could be convinced.

I'm so mad I didn't save the original picture! Tt looked similar to this, but think soft velvety fabric:) :


She and Grant picked out a great black and white basket weave patterned fabric, dropped it off at the upholsterer and now they have an adorable and comfortable chair. Perfect for their nursery nook!


I especially love the little "Beaufort" pillow:)


Isn't it perfect?



Also, a big thank you for the mention of my living room as part of the new
Best of the Blogosphere Series at Centsational Girl. I was both shocked and thrilled!
I can't wait to check out the other blogger projects mentioned!

And guess what? I have over 400 Followers! I can't even believe it! Love you guys!

Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item