Rainy Day Shopping

There is nothing I love more on a rainy day than a trip to a vintage, antique or used furniture store. Especially when there are some goodie...

There is nothing I love more on a rainy day than a trip to a vintage, antique or used furniture store. Especially when there are some goodies. I'll admit, on more than one occasion I've felt I was wasting my time. But usually, I find some rare gem that I find a home for.
Some things aren't lucky enough to come home with me but receive a knowing smile. The smile that says.. I see your beauty. Don't worry. Someone will come for you very soon:)
A trip out yesterday proved somewhat fruitful. I picked up some crystal coasters and plates for storing jewellery. I was inspired by Beau Lifestyle's beautiful display. (If you haven't checked out her blog yet you really must.)

images via beau lifestyle
I forgot to take a picture of my coasters but I also got some crystal dishes
that will hold bracelets and necklaces.


Some pretty plates were purchased to be hung on the wall.


The "tumor". What better than a good conversation piece? 
I don't really know what it is but cool all the same!


And my favorite. A vintage heater to be converted to a light fixture.... for a buck!


Here are some other pieces (the ones that got the smile):

Cute chairs that would be amazing with new upholstery and a coat of glossy paint.


A set of versatile white china trimmed in gold. $40 for the complete set.


More adorable chairs. $50 for the pair. I loved the shape but they were actually kinda mini.


Never underestimate the power of a paintbrush. This dresser has gorgeous lines. 
I envision it a soft pink in a little girl's room since it's not very tall.  A bit like Eleanor's.


I'm digging bamboo pieces lately painted a fun bright color. If I had room in my bathroom, this piece would be mine, painted a fun color and filled with soft white towels!


I dabbled in painting over the winter and discovered I don't have much talent.
If I did this would be the perfect easel.. ah well:)


Beautiful and huge. Someone should really buy this one.


Love the base. Crying for a new shade!


I'm on the hunt for vintage glassware for my bar cart. 
I found a great selection but none that called out to me. (ignore the cheesy commemorative plates!)


I was super bummed that my favorite shop for good bargains, BC Antiques closed up shop early. I had spotted a vintage crystal ice bucket that I've been thinking about since my last visit. Maybe I'll head back over the weekend!

Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item