Gallery Wall Over the Sofa.

Last week I hinted that I finally got at the gallery wall over the sofa. I'm sharing it today. It isn't "finished" but it&...


Last week I hinted that I finally got at the gallery wall over the sofa. I'm sharing it today. It isn't "finished" but it's at least a start. Originally I had three black frames with bird prints in them. I still really like them so have found a new home for them. I always found that they didn't provide enough height in the room since the ceilings are high.


I had that look for a long time. I'm craving a more relaxed, fun space and I'm slowly trying to embrace color. I've added a couple of bright pillows, a chevron rug and I think the art prints bring some color as well.



 Clockwise from the top are:
  • Blue Jay print ~ original watercolor by the talented Etsy seller Eastwitching, kindly gifted to me for hosting a giveaway :)
  • Petits poissons ~ Etsy seller Eva Juliet 
  • Empty frame ~ I've been playing around with painting and when I do one I like, it may find a home here.. maybe.
  • Birds on a wire ~ PEI artist Luke Leunes
  • Two framed landscapes ~ Stephane's parents brought them home from Paris years ago.
  • Choisis la joie ~ Etsy seller Eva Juliet 
  • Boston Terrier print ~ free printable
  • A magnified image of a cell ~ Stephane's and is actually really pretty:)
  • My beloved ram head ~ Winners. Isn't he sweet? 


As you can see, the bottom left corner needs something. And I may add a bit more to the top. I decided to leave it as is for now, look at it for a while and decided what to add later. I tend to rush things and I don't want a bunch of unnecessary holes in the wall!

Last week, I also showed a sneak peek of my new door color. Well.. let's just say, it was an ultimate fail. I don't like it even a little. However, I haven't had a chance to repaint it yet so now I have a complex thinking that everyone driving or walking by is wondering if I just have really bad taste! I suppose I should just get over that... or just paint it asap:)

I promise I'll share both the fail color and the new color next week!



Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item