DIY: The Wall Stencil Reinvented

For this week's DIY project I'm featuring something that I haven't done myself, but have filed away for a winter stormy day.Wall...

For this week's DIY project I'm featuring something that I haven't done myself, but have filed away for a winter stormy day.Wall stenciling!!
Before, when someone said wall stencil, I automatically thought of this:


Remember these? I've seen many bathrooms with a similar motif. Well, they've come a long way since then.
I am a lover of wallpaper but often people comment that they don't want to "commit" to it. For fear that it may be hard to remove or a pain to apply. Wall stencils just may be the solution for those naysayers!

A couple of bloggers used the Morrish Stencil


Courtney of Living Out Loud used Ralph Lauren's metallic paint to get the sheen in contrast to his grey walls.
Check out his blog for a how-to. 


A gorgeous focal wall by Paula of Sweet Pea. It only took her 2 hours!


source unknown. Black is so great. Me the "I want everything to be white" girl. I'm seeing the light.

Kate at Centsational Girl was ambitious and made her own stencil inspired by the rug in her living room!
She used a $2 bottle of craft paint to paint on the design. Now that's an inexpensive project!

Great chevron wall via sabbe interior design using contact paper.


Kristen of k.f.d designs created this gourd pattern herself and painted it for a client.
She's the queen of paint projects!


via Hello Gorgeous. How could I leave it out? Apparently, this one was a lot of work. 
I say totally worth it. I heart trellis.

Aren't they all such subdued, sophisticated patterns? I'm dying to try it myself. Just have to find a spot!

Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item