Finally... healthy recipes that actually taste good.

For my 2011 goals I am focusing on one element a month I want to improve in my life and for this month of January it is ' healthy '....



For my 2011 goals I am focusing on one element a month I want to improve in my life and for this month of January it is 'healthy'.

Along those healthy lines, I've got a new friend in the kitchen and her name is Ellie Krieger, are you already acquainted? A few months ago I checked out a few of her books from the library The Food You Crave: Luscious Recipes for a Healthy Life and So Easy: Luscious, Healthy Recipes for Every Meal of the Week and I am hooked.

Not only are her recipes delicious but since she is a registered dietitian they are spot on full of healthy ingredients along with caloric and nutritional data so you really know what you are getting into.

Here are my top ten favorites recipes of Ellie's that I have tried, so far:

1. Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup
2. Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
3. Whole Wheat Pancakes & Strawberry Sauce - (see previous post here.)
4. Aromatic Beef Stew with Butternut Squash
5. Roasted Tomato and Black Bean Soup
6. Apple Pecan Muffins
7. White Chili
8. Taco Salad with Chunky Tomato Dressing
9. Cobb Salad
10. Pumpkin Muffins

Have you tried any of Ellie Krieger's recipes? What are you favorite healthy cookbooks and recipes? Do share!

(images : 1, 2 )

Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item