Guest Blogger ~ honey we're home

Welcome to day  2 of my guest posting series on Design Trends. Today I'm welcoming Megan from Honey We're Home . She is just the sw...


Welcome to day  2 of my guest posting series on Design Trends. Today I'm welcoming Megan from Honey We're Home. She is just the sweetest! We "met" when we had both had just started our blogs. She's my go-to girl when I have questions about blogging and she always gets back to me asap:) I love her blog and she has so many great ideas! You have got to head on over and check out her house. One word: gorgeous!


***************************************

I am pleased to say that Jane was one of the very first followers of Honey We’re Home and the first person to feature my closet- before there was even anything in it!  Needless to say, I REALLY appreciate Jane and have high regard for her design style.


As for design trends, I’m not usually a follower and don’t even always consciously know what the current design trend is!  As far as what I feel I’ve seen enough of lately is the gray-washed, distressed look.  While the style is minimal and calming (which I’m fond of), I am ready for a change!  I have traditionally been a “neutrals” kind of gal and I am sure I will like this look again in the future, but for now, I’m craving some COLOR and GLAM:)

I am excited to see that GLAMOUR is still popular!  I’ve got mirrored furniture pieces and mirrors on the brain these days.  I like my mirrored furniture in small doses and with clean lines- a simple nightstand, console table, or vanity. 

image



I’ve been enamored with cabinets with that great circular detail for a while now.


image



This coffee table may be a bit bulky for my taste, but I like the look of the mirror paired with the blue hydrangeas.


image 



This coffee table is probably more my style.  Beautiful legs!


image


via Sarah Richardson


image



I’m in love with this vanity and seat- the wings- not so much! 

image 



Here’s my little vanity again, this time accompanied by a mirror and hardwood floors.  The picture of the vanity above was nice with the billowy white curtains and white floors- two totally different looks.


image



And one more time, with different accessories.


image



I love the bubbles on this console table.


image



I’m really drawn to the furniture that mixes mirror with white.


image


I’m pretty sure my husband may not be as taken with these pieces as I am, so if I had to go ‘mirrored’ on a smaller scale, here are some of my choices.

image


Pier 1


image



image



image



image


Trousseau (This lamp also comes with other colored lampshades)


I just bought this mirrored tray at Target.  I think it was $40.

image image


Such Pretty Things bought the same one and accessorized it two ways:


image


image


A smaller mirrored tray works well on a vanity display.


image



I also love the mirrored + gold look.


image



image



Ah, so much to admire!  Thanks for having me Jane!!

*****************************

Thanks so much for participating Megan! Now I want that tray!
We don't have Target in Canada though... :(

I'll continue Island Architecture Tuesday next Tuesday!





Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item