Thoughts on Sarah 101

I just finished watching the first episode. What did I think? It's really good. I'll be honest. I'm a huge Sarah Richardson fan...


I just finished watching the first episode. What did I think? It's really good.

I'll be honest. I'm a huge Sarah Richardson fan and many of my all-time favorite rooms were designed by her. However, Sarah's House sometimes made me a little anxious. She spent so much money! Let's be honest, most viewers can't afford to spent that kind of money decorating or renovating their homes. It all seemed so unattainable and while the results were stunning, I didn't feel I took away much from the shows. Except in my imagination:)

But, Sarah 101, is a show for me. Basic principles for what works, where to start and how to pull it all together. As a firm believer in upcycling, her scouring of vintage stores for great furniture and lighting finds was my favorite part. Yes, this is a common practice for Sarah, but the prices were actually reasonable!

She also selects affordable fabrics and offers tips on where to use which prints. I'm really regretting those silk pillows now. But they are just so pretty!

To sum it up, I'll be watching and you should too!  And make sure the watch the outtakes at the end. Tommy cracks me up:)

Anyone else catch the first episode? I'd love to hear what you thought!

Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item