Trois Amours ~ Modern Jane

I'm wrapping up my Trois Amours Series with my three favorite things in my own home. I may bring it back again sometime but for now - th...

I'm wrapping up my Trois Amours Series with my three favorite things in my own home. I may bring it back again sometime but for now - that's it! It was so fun to see what things make some of my favorite bloggers love their home.
So to recap, the challenge was to decide what three things you love most. This could be:

•that one piece that finished off a room
•a great find or a steal of a deal
•a sentimental item
•or simply something that makes you smile when you walk into a room!

I took a walk around my home and decided that there were 3 things that stood out to me. Things that for whatever reason make me smile. Here they are in no particular order.

The first one is more a sentimental thing. At the top of the stairs, I have a gallery wall of photos that are important to our family. I love the cohesion of the black frames grouped together.


This one is my favorite.. my mom and dad at their wedding. Mom is wearing her "going away" outfit:)

The second is the soft blue cabinet in the dining room. I wish I had the before picture. It was once a terrible honey brown and I painted it. Sometimes people are surprised when they see it in the day, assuming it was white. I love the barely-there blue color and it's fun to mix up the accessories inside.


The third is my kitchen as a whole. It is my proudest DIY (with a lot of help). It was done on a tight budget, but I feel that the result is a great "bang for your buck". My brother built all the cabinets and I did all the painting myself. I chose simple finishes like crisp white subway tile and a pine countertop.


But of course, I added a bit of glam with two chandeliers and my favorite feature of all is the glass knobs on the cabinet doors.
So there you have it! It's so important to have things in your home that you love. I look forward to filling it with more items that make me smile. A huge thank you to the other bloggers who particpated in the series. You can check them out here:

Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item