She's caught the painted furniture bug.

Happy Monday! Still no decision made on a camera and I'm dying without one. I forgot just how much I used it! I keep finding things that...

Happy Monday! Still no decision made on a camera and I'm dying without one. I forgot just how much I used it! I keep finding things that I want to take a picture of to share with you.. frustrating but hopefully I'll make a decision soon!
It was a bit of a quiet weekend. The weather is just not cooperating this spring for us here in PEI. I still haven't been able to put away my coats and sweaters!
My sister Julie has caught the painted furniture bug. Possibly from me? She asked me to go check out this piece for her at Coulson's to see what I thought.


I told her to definitely go for it. With a a little elbow grease, sanding, a fresh coat of paint and new hardware, I saw it's potential right away. Plus, the price was right which always helps!
She got to work this weekend sanding and cleaning the piece. Today she planned to fill the holes and give it a good coat of primer. Next up is the big decision. What color should she paint it? Should she play it safe and go with a classic white or go with something unexpected to add a bright pop of color in her living room? The walls are a soft green-grey and she has a lot of white/cream accents.
Here are a few of my favorite painted pieces as some inspiration. They aren't all dressers but I just couldn't leave them out!


Source: houzz.com via Jane on Pinterest







Source: google.ca via Jane on Pinterest




And wait a minute.. do you spot that pair of pineapple lamps? I think I could find a spot for those in a hurry. I guess I'm off to Coulson's today to check them out!

Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item