House in a Hill : Villa Vals

One of my favorite childhood books was about various animal architects that made these really sweet houses. I remember looking at it over an...

Villa Vals

One of my favorite childhood books was about various animal architects that made these really sweet houses. I remember looking at it over and over again and wanting to live in one of their cool animal house creations - whether it was up in a tree, near a marsh or in a hill. (I wish I knew the title of the book -- I will have to ask if my mom remembers.)

Villa Vals

Anyways, when I saw this 'house inside of a hill' at mi casa es su casa, I was flabbergasted at how close it comes to one of my most favorite houses in that book, I really can't believe it!

Villa Vals

This place called, 'Villa Vals' is situated in Switzerland with stunning alpine surroundings, and is designed by Christian Müller Architects and SeARCH. What is even more fantastic is that you can actually stay here, what a amazing retreat that would be! Learn more about it here and see more incredible photos here.

Villa Vals

(All photography by Iwan Baan)

Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item