Black & White Bedroom ~ A Picture Walk

Happy Hump Day everyone! Today, I'm bringing you on a little picture walk of a bedroom in my home. I have posted a pictures before of a ...

Happy Hump Day everyone! Today, I'm bringing you on a little picture walk of a bedroom in my home. I have posted a pictures before of a few elements, but I've never featured the whole room. So here goes nothing!
The room has a strange shape, almost an L with a small alcove in the center of the room. It was covered in wallpaper, which had been applied directly over the plaster walls. This made removing it a chore I wasn't looking forward to.



My first attempt caused many tears for me. Clearly, I was overtired and emotional over owning my first home and all the work in front of me. But in the end, Dad saved the day and re-plastered over the paper. A long and messy job. Thanks Dad! :)

With that job out of the way, I painted out all the walls and trim white and applied wallpaper behind the headboard.
Here it is the room all finished!



I picked up an old headboard at a used furniture store and painted it black.
I also added some IKEA side tables.

Still love my Audrey Hepburn print. A little girl glam for the room:) Speaking of Audrey, I think Michelle Williams is the blonde Audrey.. how gorgeous was she at the Oscars?


I made the roman shades, using Jenny's how-to with Premier Print's Chipper fabric.
The two light fixtures are from Canadian Tire.

The mirror was a Homesense find.
The piggy bank is from Dollarama. My change from waitressing tips add up pretty quick!
The dresser was one my Dad was getting rid of. I painted it black and added some glass knobs.


Of course, there are things on the to-do list. I need to paint or cover the rad and I want to have the chair in the corner reupholstered, when the budget allows!
So, there you have it! My black and white bedroom. A project that started out with tears and now feels clean and crisp!

Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item