Online Shopping Guide.

One of the biggest challenges when decorating your home on PEI, is the lack of sources available to us. What may seem like a simple afternoo...

One of the biggest challenges when decorating your home on PEI, is the lack of sources available to us. What may seem like a simple afternoon shopping around Ikea to our big city counterparts, would be a dream come true for some of us island design enthusiasts.

Don't get me wrong. A couple of great small home decor stores have cropped up over the last few years and for that we are thankful. However, I know that supplying their stores with up and coming products is sometimes both expensive and challenging.

When I make it to Charlottetown, Winners is my first stop. I'm elated when I've, by chance, caught a new shipment day but most days it's been well picked over and I leave feeling a little deflated. Nothing like getting your hopes up and having them dashed! :)

Oh well. The good thing is that it forces us to be resourceful. It's no secret that my favorite activity is scouring antique and vintage stores for pieces to make my own with a little elbow grease, ingenuity and a lick of paint!

Alas, online shopping is my friend. Free shipping, my bosom buddy. More and more, our favorite companies are now shipping to Canada. That being said, it depends how much you want it because generally there is a cost involved. (Such dismay when you see. Free Shipping! *US only* Argh!)

So here it is. I've compiled a list of my favorite online shopping stores and plan to add to it when new ones crop up. Be sure to read the fine print at each site as some larger items cannot be shipped.



* This guide is intended for Canadian shoppers, more specifically, Atlantic Canadian shoppers:)

Furniture, lighting, rugs, accessories 
(some things are not available for online shipping but I've called the store in Toronto 
and they were happy to ship directly)

Accessories, bedding, rugs

Furniture, lighting

Furniture, lighting, rugs, accessories, bedding

Crate & Barrel
Furniture, lighting, rugs, accessories, bedding

Restoration Hardware
Furniture, hardware and home decor items.

Costco
You need a membership but shipping is free in most cases!

Lee Valley
Cabinet hardware (knobs, pulls etc) and more!

Best site for modern designer fabrics. 
Shipping is somewhat reasonable but join in with a friend to save on costs!

Designer fabrics
Fabric.

Tonic Living ~ a Canadian company
Beautiful fabrics and custom sewing service.

Not just books! Great home accessories at reasonable prices.

Pillow covers, vintage items, art prints
I'd be lost without Etsy. Seriously! It can be a bit overwhelming unless you are looking for something specific. An unbelievable resource for unique pieces, purchasing directly from the artist. 

A buying and delivery service for residents of Halifax, Dartmouh, Truro, Moncton, Fredericton, Saint John, PEI and St John's NFLD. Brilliant if you ask me! They will pick up whatever you want from the Ottawa Ikea location (largest in Canada) at a charge of 20% of total order before taxes. 
I've not used it yet but definitely plan to!  

Please let me know if you know of one I've missed! I'd be thrilled to hear about it! The more the better!

Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item