12 great children's movies

Both our girls were under the weather this week and when that happens, it just breaks my heart. They are on the mends now and I'm so gra...




Both our girls were under the weather this week and when that happens, it just breaks my heart. They are on the mends now and I'm so grateful. Between the runny nose sniffles, coughing, and cuddling, we slowly looked at books, and thumbed through magazines (India especially digs the mini size of Everyday Food) and watched a few of our favorite kid movies.



Here are 12 of our favorite children's movies which some may admittedly be slanted a little to the girly side, maybe not ... you tell me. We have also experimented in our family and work on keeping things 'G' rated around here so there isn't an increase in monster nightmares or sassy talk.

The Black Stallion - The cinematography is breathtaking. This part is my favorite.
Mary Poppins - Classic. You've seen this remix, right??
Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory I'm partial to the first version, I still get giddy when they open the doors to the colorful candy factory.
The New Adventures of Pippi Longstocking I hope to get my hands on these next, the original versions look even better. This mashup is fun.
A Little Princess - Endearing and so well done, I may shed a tear or two with this one ... maybe.
Ratatouille - Paris, great food, a rat. oui.
Pollyanna - Playing the 'glad game' is a great lesson to pick up from this one.
Alice In Wonderland - Imagination practice.
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - Toot sweets and a magical flying, floating car, yes.
Bedknobs and Broomsticks - V's favorite part is the battle - she laughs her head off.
Spirit: Stallion of Cimarron - V (our horse lover) has watched this repeatedly more than any other.
Charlotte's Web - Touching tale about sacrifice and friendship. We also adore this version.

Okay, now it is your turn! What are your favorite children's movies? Shout them out.

Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item