Thanks Marc!

Well in two days my brother successfully completed the new porch! He works quickly when he gets going. The floor joist of the porch is all n...

Well in two days my brother successfully completed the new porch! He works quickly when he gets going.


The floor joist of the porch is all new, as are all the boards. We decided to keep the same railing to cut down on costs and it is still in great shape. Just needs a good coat of paint. He also made a new post at the top of the stairs. The old one was in bad shape and super ugly.


He had some steps that were left over from a deck project that he recently completed. They were only a couple of years old and were in near perfect condition. We decided to use those and I gave them a couple of coats of grey paint. They look brand new!


I painted the pillars above the brick (ugly brick I might add... any suggestions on what to do with that?). It is only one coat but I think I like the effect.

Next decision is what to do with the railing, post and trellis. I'm thinking of going all grey but I'm not entirely sure. I would love your feedback!

The floor board will have to wait till next summer. Apparently you can't paint pressure treated lumber for a year. Oh well.. one less thing to tackle for now!

Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item