White Painted Floor ~ Part 1

So let me start by explaining my last post ... before some of my family and friends have a heart attack. I am NOT painting my recently refin...

So let me start by explaining my last post... before some of my family and friends have a heart attack. I am NOT painting my recently refinished hardwood floors! However, we are painting the wood floor in Steph's kitchen and so far it's amazing. I'm so excited about it!
So here is the scoop. The entire house is wood floors but the ones in the kitchen had taken a severe beating over the course of it's 104 year history. To make things worse, when he remodeled the kitchen, he moved the island to a different location and underneath the old one was not a pretty sight!

The floors were not refinishable and therefore he was left with a choice. Replace or Paint? His vote was for paint and I was 100% on board. This is a project he and I have wanted to tackle for a long time. We sometimes even send each other pictures of painted floors, that we've come across, just so we can oooh and ahhh over them. So when the opportunity comes along, just do it!
First was the prep work. Steph filled any holes with Bondo (car body filler) and sanded well. Then he vacuumed every nook and cranny and ran a mop over it. Good to go!


We went along with a paint brush down all the cracks and edging along the wall. 





Then went over everything with a roller. We used an oil-based porch and floor paint, which apparently holds up to heavy foot traffic. It took a lot longer than anticipated but finished one coat last night.

Here it is so far! I think I'm in love!

Sorry for the dark pictures. The sun was setting when we finished. 
Doesn't everything take longer than you expect? 
I can't wait to show you the second coat! 
Have a great day everyone!

Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item