Entry Makeover Reveal.

I mentioned a while back that I was doing an entry makeover  . I finished it before Christmas but finally got a chance to photograph it toda...


I mentioned a while back that I was doing an entry makeover . I finished it before Christmas but finally got a chance to photograph it today. I can't believe I didn't do this long ago. What was there before did not suit the style of my home at all. Now it seems to flow with the rest of the space!

Here it was before!


Peeling off that wallpaper!


Next we added a shelf of sorts using some leftover scraps of wood and trim.


Once the wallpaper was off, I primed the walls and gave them a coat of white paint. 
Then, I taped off some stripes. My brain is not wired for those kinds of calculations so I was a tad frustrated! (If you've done this before, you can relate.) I know they look wonky and unevenly spaced but that's how you do it!



On goes the paint! Two coats. 

I had intended go for a very subtle soft blue-grey. The contrast ended up being a bit more than I wanted  but all in all, I am happy with the result! 

I think the biggest change was the decision to paint the door white. After one coat, I knew it was the right decision. It had really been sticking out like a sore thumb.


We added some hooks that my dad gave me. They were from and old piece and were old and rusted. Steph freshened them up with some black spray paint. The wainscoting was already there. It was my first project with a miter saw, a while back! We picked up the piano bench at a thrift store. Perfect for storing hats and mitts and to sit when putting boots on.




I would still like to add some sort of shade on the window, a bench seat or even a soft patterned pillow and, of course, a mirror. Gotta check yourself out before heading out the door!

What do you think of the freshened up little space?

Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item