I Heart Super Black Mulch.

When I moved into my house the weeds in the overgrown side garden drove me insane. I dug everything out and turned over the soil every few d...

When I moved into my house the weeds in the overgrown side garden drove me insane. I dug everything out and turned over the soil every few days and I still couldn't keep them all at bay. Last summer, we rented a tiller and turned all the soil but the weeds prevailed. I ended up tearing out most of the plants and starting over.

This summer things were a little better but I decided mulching it would help. It looks so much better. It's a bit more expensive than the other colors but I simply love the super black fine mulch. My brother took me out yesterday with his trailer and we bought a scoop. More than enough to cover the garden.

Here is the garden prior to mulch. Good ole' PEI red soil!


And here is the garden now. The plants really pop against the black and it feels so much tidier. Here's hoping that it's less weeding for me!



I'm really happy with how it turned out!
Off to the beach today. It's supposed to be a hot one!

Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item