Kinfolk comes to San Francisco

Kinfolk Magazine is a breath of fresh air in every way. Their overall philosophy for their website and publication celebrates the joy of li...


Kinfolk Magazine is a breath of fresh air in every way. Their overall philosophy for their website and publication celebrates the joy of living through intimate small gatherings.

Over the weekend I attended the Kinfolk Dinner Series -- which happened to be a brunch at Heirloom Cafe in San Francisco and I was delighted to be in a room full of such creative and genuine people. The whole event focus was to sit down to share a delicious meal with people that you have never met before and I did just that (the 2nd photo above is actually a polaroid shot of our table by Heidi from 101 Cookbooks). Between a recent move, my line of work, and being a mother of young children, I often find myself having more virtual conversations than the face to face kind. This event reminded me of the radiant energy you can draw from strangers who after a beautiful meal and nice conversation become more familiar. Everything from the food, to the gorgeous florals and delightful farmer's market like experience were top notch. All of the event partners knocked my socks of and it was meaningful to see such support for experiences like this. I look forward to seeing more from Kinfolk and their dinners across the country.



(photos // by me except - the top polaorid by Heidi )

Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item