Outdoor Pots + Weekend Tidbits.

I can't believe it's December and the weather is so mild! Sure doesn't feel like Christmas just yet. But guess what? We got our ...

I can't believe it's December and the weather is so mild! Sure doesn't feel like Christmas just yet. But guess what? We got our Christmas tree yesterday!



I know it's a bit early for a real one but I just couldn't resist. Nothing like the smell of a Christmas tree to fill your home with holiday spirit. I hope to get the lights on tonight then start decorating it!

Beaufort and I spent the afternoon on Saturday in the woods gathering branches and boughs for my outdoor planters. I think I enjoyed it much more than him. He wasn't a fan of the cool air and muddy paths. Such a wimp:) Here is a peek at what I came up with.


At night.


I used birch branches in the center for some height (I cheated on this one and bought it at Walmart, then cut it into 3 pieces). I stuffed it with spruce and pine boughs and lots of red sticks. My neighbor was kind enough bring me some bright red, albeit thorny *ouch*, berries, after he saw me eyeing up the ones he had gathered in the woods. A few white lights and voila!

I also worked on my front entry makeover. It's all painted and ready for a little wall treatment that I have planned and some hooks. Yay for more coat storage! Did I mention that my house has no coat closet? The joys of living in an old home!


Stephane has been busy in the living room with a project I've been wanting for a long time. I cannot wait to share it with you. And you'll never guess what his mom has been up to! It's a project I started but realizing the enormity of it, she took it over. It's almost done and it's amazing. You might think we are a little nuts but I'm crazy in love with it!

Hopefully I will be sharing these projects sooner rather than later. Have a great week!

Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item