Styled Bookcases and Cabinets.

I said I'd be back one of these days to share some updated styling photos of my bookcase so I guess today is the day! I really like how ...

I said I'd be back one of these days to share some updated styling photos of my bookcase so I guess today is the day! I really like how it's coming along but it is continually a work in progress.



I tend to like the layered look. I absolutely love pretty books and buy some here and there when I get a chance. I'd love to have more. You can also tell, I have a thing for white ceramics - jars, vases, birds. I find they look nice grouped together, plus are very versatile in that you can use them anywhere in your home if you feel like moving things around.


I thought I'd also share some styled bookcases by some of my recent clients. Kim had a cabinet in her dining room that had originally belonged to her parents. She removed the doors and painted it black which worked well with her previous decorating style. When we discussed lightening up the palette in her home, we decided painting the cabinet white was her best option.

Here is the cabinet getting a coat of primer from a little helper:)


Here is her cabinet now painted a bright white and with new hardware to match her kitchen cabinets. 
It is simply styled with glassware, mugs and dishes in a unified color scheme. It feels so airy! If you missed the renovations at Kim's place, you can check them out here.


Next up is a beautiful wall cabinet at Jennifer's house. She thought about painting it but ultimately decided to leave it since it was original to the house. I'm so glad she did! It's such a beautiful piece.


She had the frames in there for a while and wanted a change. I suggested paring it down a bit by picking out her favorite items and adding some glassware. Then wallpapering the backs to brighten it up and to tie in with her new light blue-grey paint color.


I think it turned out pretty awesome. Good work Jen! Doesn't she have some good looking relatives?


Bookcases often become drop zones for clutter in our homes. A missed opportunity to showcase your favorite things. I hope this post inspires some of you to clear out those bookcases and get creative!
 

Hot in Week

Popular

Archive

item